Currently flowing 1110 cfs at Cameron
- Visibility – good
The Madison River here in southwest Montana has been fishing extremely well and we’re catching fish not surprisingly on Salmon Flies!!!h
Low, clear flows enable Salmonfly nymphs to crawl around the bank. As expected nymphing is producing as well.
There are caddis and a few mayflies out there as well.
- Best dry flies
- Salmon Flies
- Sofa Pillow
- Chernobal Ant
- Best nymphs
- Pheasant Tail, Flashback Pheasant Tail size#16-20
- Salmon Fly Larva size# 8
- Girdle Bugs – Black and Brown size #4-6
- Bitch Creek
- Best streamers
- Zonker in natural olive and white size#4-6
- Mini Loop Sculpin in natural and olive size#4
- Wooley Bugger in black or olive or brown size#4-8
For more information on fishing trips on The Madison River please contact FishTales Outfitting.