Contact Us – Book Now
Scroll below to book a flyfishing tour. Have questions? Please contact us.
Best Fly Fishing in SW Montana
Montana Outfitter #6864
5 Wilson Lane
Sheridan, MT 59749
Stay on top of the news. Make sure you follow us!
Please fill out the form below with the details of the trip you are interested in. We will get back to you shortly or give us a call at (406) 451-2074
Plan Your Montana Fly Fishing Trip
FishTales Outfitting provides unparalleled guided Montana fly fishing adventures near Bozeman, and Missoula.
Staying in the area? We come to you!
Depending on the trip you are taking, we will either meet you at the river or pick you up at your lodging for your Montana fishing adventure. Contact us for more details.
Flights To The Area
Book air travel into Bozeman (Bozeman Yellowstone International), Butte (Bert Mooney Airport) Missoula (Missoula International), or Great Falls (Great Falls International Airport.
For guests coming to fish near Sheridan, Sheridan is about 1 hour and 30 minutes from Bozeman, and 50 minutes from Butte. Most of our guests find better connections in and out of Bozeman. There are also 2 smaller, local airports for those flying privately.
For guests planning to come to the Missoula area, Missoula International is about 12 minutes from town.
- Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport, – Bozeman, MT (BZN)
- Bert Mooney Airport, – Butte MT (BTM)
- Missoula International Airport – (MSO)
- Great Falls International Airport – Great Falls MT (GTF)
- Ruby Valley Aviation
- Dillon, MT Airport
Other Accommodations & Dining
Southwestern Montana is full of quaint, historic towns to relax, stay and eat in. Here are some of our favorites:
- The Ruby Valley Lodge 406-842-7473
- The Moriah Motel 406-842-5491
- Montana Mac’s Restaurant Steakhouse 406-842-7632
- Elijah’s Rest Cabins & Breakfast 406-842-7295
Twin Bridges, Montana
- The Old Hotel – Historic Hotel and Fine Dining 406–842-5959
- The Shack – Family-style dining 406-684-5050
- Madison River Resort 406-672-7797
Driving Directions to Fishtales Outfitting
Traveling east or west on Interstate 90: Exit 249 in Whitehall, Montana. Head south on North Whitehall Street towards West Legion Avenue. At the stop sign, turn right at West Legion Avenue and travel approx 4/10 of a mile to MT-2/MT-55/MT-69 (towards Virginia City). Turn left and head south on MT-55. MT-55 will eventually change to MT-287/MT-41 at blinking light. Continue south on MT-287 through Twin Bridges to Sheridan.
Traveling north or south on Interstate 15: Exit 263 in Dillon, Montana. Head on MT-41 North, until you reach Twin Bridges, take a right at the light heading south to Sheridan.
Our Favorite Area Activities:
Bringing the family? Enjoy some of our favorite local activities and events on your days off from fishing.
- Museum of the Rockies
- Madison County Fair and Rodeo
- Dillon Rodeo
- Ennis 4th of July Parade and Rodeo
- Fourth of July and local live entertainment
- Bannack State Park
- J Bar L Horseback Riding
- Yellowstone National Park
- Glacier National Park
A special thank you to photographers Michael Bradley at Visualanties, Bruce McDaniels, and Vic Sorenson for the use of their terrific images on MTFishtales.com.