22 Feb Beaverhead River Fishing Report 2/22/13
Firstly, as of this posting (2/22/13) all of Southwestern Montana’s snow pack numbers are looking great. Most drainage’s are at 100% or above average.
|February Montana Snowpack Falls Slightly from Last MonthBozeman–Snowpack finished January down slightly, 96 percent of median compared to 103 percent of median on Jan. 1, according to snow survey data from the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS).|
Pipe Organ Bridge to Grasshopper Creek is fishing well, some color stating to flow in at Grasshopper Creek. Closer to Dillon the river is a little dirty.
- Nymphing a two fly rig with a Pheasant tail and Hare’s ear’s in #16-18 are solid along with beatis patterns in olive; Zebra midges in black or red and brassies.
- San Juan worms and egg patters are also producing.
- The patient dry fly angler will find fish rising later in the day to midge cluster’s; Griffith’s gnat’s or Parachute Adam’s again small #18’s and 20’s with plenty of extra tippet to aleviate drag.
- Streamer’s later in the day try a Muddler Minnow in black, olive, or white.
- Keep your eye’s open for redd’s as rainbow’s are getting ready to spawn and stay clear.